Hella busy today and you already know there’s lots to do…you can see the action packed Event’s Calendar to your right. Let’s cut to the chase and list your MANY options for tonight, Thursday, October 20, 2011:
1) SLGFF opens at the Admiral in West Seattle in addition to screenings at NW Film Forum and the Egyptian. Trans shorts, “Spork” and the locally made “Judas Kiss” are among the films on today’s calendar. Check out our promo video and the SLGFF website for more info and tickets.
2) Two SLGFF parties tonight: an official one in West Seattle at the Heartland Cafe and an unofficial party for “Judas Kiss” at Lobby (where part of the film was made) which is also a fundraiser for Equal Rights Washington with very special guests in attendance. (See above photo.)
3) Robyn at The Paramount with guests, YACHT.
4) The Robyn themed “ElektroPOP!” at The Baltic Room with host Mama Tits and some lovely guests. (Will Robyn herself pop in?)
5) Brown Derby Players opens their remount for their “staged reading” of the classic Brian DePalma film “Carrie” with a host of comedic talent including Nick Garrison as Carrie and Andrew Tasakos, Scott Shoemaker, Freddy Molitch, Kim Nyhouse and many more, all presided over by Ian Bell. At Re-bar. Now through Sunday night. 21+ and cash ONLY!
6) The Cuff Complex’s annual screening/party of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”.
7) SIFF at The Uptown opens tonight with a ribbon cutting, a visit from the mayor, and a special screening of “The Artist”.
8 ) After a month of previews, Kathie Lee’s new musical “Saving Aimee” is finally revealed to the press at the 5th Avenue.
That’s a lot of stuff to do…get busy.