Don’t forget, next week is the last preliminary round before the FINALE! Dust off those tap shoes, and get yourself registered at the Grill on Broadway’s website, and come down to The Grill tonight at 9:00 p.m. and check out WEEK 4 competition!
Last week I posted the following bits o’ advice – Heed them well…
- Follow RuPaul’s advice: Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent go a LOOOONNNG way. Special emphasis on UNIQUENESS… don’t bore people!
- The audience wants you to do well. Give them something to cheer for! Hand out candy as part of your act, if it works in context – they’ll remember things like that!
- Big and Flashy isn’t always better than Tight and Classy. You can roll a turd in glitter all you want, but it’s still just a turd.
- Stick with your strengths! Polish your act – this is the time to shine!
- And for drag queens, and would-be drag performers – you have the most competition here. Your lip synch better be tighter than Mormon girl on prom night, and your look better be fierce as fuck. And if you’re gonna lip-synch, surprise people. Disco is WAY too predictable for this talent show.
And when the finale comes in two weeks, we’ll be on the panel judging – and believe me, the library will be open…