Here’s another way to help LGBTQ people in Puerto Rico that has been devastated by multiple hurricanes this month.
|Puerto Rico needs your support today!|
|Many of our member centers and friends are asking how they can support the people of Puerto Rico who have suffered horrific devastation by hurricane Maria last week.
We have been in contact with our member center there, Centro Comunitario LGBTT de Puerto Rico, regarding what assistance is needed and how it can best be provided.
CenterLink has set up a fundraising page for those wishing to make donations. Funds collected from this campaign will assist our member center, Centro Comunitario LGBTT de Puerto Rico, to provide relief efforts to the community that they serve. Along with helping to purchase batteries, flashlights, a generator for the Center, non-perishable food, and other hard-to-come-by essentials for community members, funds will also go to assist those least likely to receive assistance from post-storm recovery efforts – the LGBTQ community.
If people wish to send needed items directly (specifically batteries, flashlights, non-perishable food items like powdered milk) they can send SMALL packages to:
Centro Comunitario LGBTT de Puerto Rico
Attn: Cecilia La Luz
P.O. Box 9501
San Juan, PR 00908
The latest updates this morning indicate that the main post office in San Juan is now open for PO box deliveries.
Questions can be directed to Denise Spivak, Senior Director or Programs & Outreach for CenterLink at email@example.com.
Your generous support is greatly appreciated!
Donate to the following frontline community based organizations and/or campaigns:
- Taller Salud (supporting the community of Loiza)
- Hurricane Maria Community Recovery Fund
- Feminist Solidarity Post-Hurricane Relief Fund, Colectiva Feminista en Construcción (bringing emergency supplies and support to women and LGBTQI communities)
- ESCAPE Centro de Fortalecimiento Familiar/Early Head Start Center (employees are visiting families with children in Gurabo to find out their current needs and bring them emergency supplies)
- Centro Comunitario LGBT de Puerto Rico (all funds will support LGBTQI communities in San Juan)
- Emergency Relief for Puerto Rico (providing support to shelters and rural communities in the south, west and central regions)
- Carmelo Anthony Puerto Rico Relief Fund
- Puerto Rico Hurricane Relief Fundraiser (supporting communities in Pinones and Loiza)
- Salud y Acupuntura para el Pueblo