Just a friendly reminder from the kind folks at Aneros that September is National Prostate Health Month and an ideal time to review your prostate health and the benefits of prostate massage to aid in the prevention of prostate cancer and overall good general prostate health!
Why prostate health awareness matters:
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in their lifetime.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) will affect 50% of men between the ages of 50 & 60 and 90% of men by the age of 80.
- While Prostatitis is stigmatized as an older man’s problem, it is the most common prostate problem for men under 50. (ProstateHealthGuide.com)
- Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS) is a debilitating form of prostatitis that affects men of all ages (chiefly those between 35 – 45).
The statistics are daunting. Fortunately, having a closer relationship with your prostate supports early diagnosis and may prevent complications. Many people who suffer from the prostate disease are quite simply “not in touch” with their prostates to begin with. With zero awareness small problems can quickly become more complicated. Prostate massage can be the preliminary method of becoming more familiar. Enter Aneros.
Medical benefits of prostate massage:
- Exercises and tones pelvic floor muscles for better urinary flow control.
- Reduces BPH symptoms by relieving prostate congestion and inflammation.
- Promotes drainage of fluids from the microscopic structures in the prostate.
- Increases circulation in the gland for better prostate health.
Is it just me or does those prostate massagers resemble a woman’s reproductive system?