- This event has passed.
Generations Aging With Pride: Heart Healthy Eating and Lifestyle
February 28 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Attend our free wellness workshop on Heart Healthy Eating and Lifestyle, with Dawn Jae of Jae Dietetics!
Ever wonder what the Mediterranean diet is and how to go about using it?
February is heart month! Come celebrate YOUR heart and that of your loved ones and learn eating patterns and lifestyle habits that support heart health.
Dawn Jae is a registered dietitian and diabetes educator and will share evidenced-based eating patterns that support heart health such as the Mediterranean diet.
Our Workshop is great for a wide demographic of folks and reasons:
– Anyone who has had a heart attack
– Caregivers/partners of people who have a heart attack
– 31% of African American males aged 65-74 have heart disease (NHANES)
– 45% of African American men 75 and older have heart disease (NHANES)
– Cardiovascular disease is the 2nd leading cause of death for Hispanic/Latinos behind cancer (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)