- This event has passed.
HELLO KITTY SUPERCUTE OPENING PARTY
November 13, 2015 @ 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
Join us for the opening party of Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty, a celebration of fun, friendship, and happiness.
Welcome Hello Kitty to her new home at EMP Museum by saying “Hello!” and joining the festivities!
• Snap a photo with Hello Kitty herself
• Show off your favorite Hello Kitty attire in the Supercute Fashion Parade in partnership with UNIQLO
• Find the beat with a taiko drum performance brought you by UNIQLO
• Play a round of Friendship Bingo and other Hello Kitty games in the game center
• Test how well you know Hello Kitty with Superfun Trivia, or watch Hello Kitty animation
• Sip an Appletini with a piece of homemade apple pie turnovers (Hello Kitty’s favorite food is her Mama’s apple pie!)
• Enjoy kawaii (“cute”) crafts like origami and jewelry making, or make a special someone a Thoughtfulness Friendship Bracelet
• Cuteness Manicure by Julep
• Collect little stars and stickers for your Super Sweet Sticker Book, or write a letter to Hello Kitty or her sister, Mimmy
• Taste Japanese-style fare at the Tokyo Dog (hot dogs) and BeanFish (Taiyaki, classic Japanese comfort food) food trucks
• Enjoy a J-pop dance party featuring DJ Hojo of JK Pop, Seattle’s J+K-pop dance night, with visuals by Sweat Jordan
Plus, be the first to visit Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty as it debuts in Seattle. Hello! explores Hello Kitty’s colorful history and influence on art and culture through a showcase of rare and unique pieces from Sanrio’s archive, as well as mixed media works from international contemporary artists inspired by Hello Kitty and her world.
ABOUT DJ HOJO
Allen “DJ Hojo” Huang started JK Pop over three years ago with DJ Bishie and BabyLoveCrash and it’s been a smash hit ever since! His love and knowledge of Asian pop and electronic music is unmatched.
Date and Time:
November 13, 2015
325 5th Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98109
$25 ($20 EMP members), $10 youth 5-17, free for children 4 and under
All ages; 21+ beer garden
All tickets include admission to Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty.