- This event has passed.
3rd Annual Pre-PAX Nerd Night Out Charity Tabletop Event
August 27, 2015 @ 5:00 pm - 2:00 am
NOTE: You must purchase a ticket for this event if you wish to attend! Tickets are on sale now at: goo.gl/nrxMww
Who: Hopefully you, along with 249 of your closest friends or soon-to-be friends, ages 21+
What: Back for our 3rd year in a row! This is not just another board game party! Featuring thousands of dollars in prizes from the gaming and food industry, life-sized versions of some of your favorite games, food, drinks and the chance to match wits with some of the nation’s best game designers, this is THE party to be at on the night before PAX! Every cent – that’s EVERY. RED. CENT. – that we raise on this evening (beyond the costs of producing the event) will be donated to Food Lifeline. Rated by Charity Navigator as 4-star charity, they provide food for provide food and meals to low income veterans, children, and families in Western Washington and across the nation. Oh, and it takes place in a swanky private club atop the tallest building in Seattle.
When: Thursday, August 27th, 5:00 pm – 2:00 am
Where: Columbia Tower Club, 76th floor, downtown Seattle
Why: Because you’re like us – you like to game. Because you want to kick off PAX in style. Because you’d like a tasty alcoholic beverage and a supplied meal whilst you play your games. Because you’re bringing an S/O whom you would like to dazzle with the most stunning views imaginable (or to at least distract them long enough for you to play). Because you’re traveling and want to go someplace special. And, most importantly, because you’d like to do all of this whilst supporting a fantastic charity – and getting a tax write-off in the process. That’s a lot of wins in one package.
What’s included in all ticket levels:
Up to 249 other people to game with
– A game library that you can borrow from (feel free to -BYOG, as well)
– Full (cash) bar access
– Guaranteed seating! We will have more than enough seats for everyone attending, so no waiting to play games.
– A pop-up game store (from Games and Gizmos in Redmond, WA) to make acquisitions, if you so choose.
– A ticket-based drawing, with prizes including gift cards to many of Seattle’s best restaurants, tabletop games – and, oh yes, PAX badges in case you struck out and want to go.
– As all monies spent are going to Food Lifeline, all monies spent are 100% tax deductible.
– Two $10 vouchers to use at the pop-up game store, brought to you by Games and Gizmos, in Redmond (more details below)
VIP ticket levels also get:
– A swankier, three course plated dinner
– Drink vouchers
– Free drawing tickets
– Private-access gaming rooms, if you so desire
– A bigger tax deduction
– Swag bags
Gaming Vouchers: Games and Gizmos will have a pop-up store at the event where you can purchase games! What these vouchers allow you to do is take $10 off of any one game priced at $30 or more. Here’s the proverbial fine print: Vouchers only have full effect on games costing $30 or more. Vouchers can be used on games priced below $30, but the lowest price a voucher can reduce the price to is $20. For example, a voucher used on a game costing $35 reduces the price to $25. A voucher used on a game costing $30 reduces the price to $20. A voucher used on a game costing $25 reduces the price to $20. A voucher used on a game costing $18 has no effect. Also, you cannot use multiple vouchers on the same game. If you are unable to redeem the vouchers at the pop-up store, you have until September 3, 2015 to redeem them at the Games and Gizmos store at 16150 NE 87th St, Redmond, WA.