- This event has passed.
LGBTQ Housing Leadership Institute
May 20, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
At Allyship, we believe building sustainable leaders to support healthy, democratic, vibrant communities is essential to the growth of those communities. We want to assist these LGBTQ leaders in developing their skill-sets around the concepts and practical applications of progressive social change to further housing justice in Washington. We want to build a collaborative community of LGBTQ individuals from various identities and perspectives to strengthen a sense of interconnectedness as human beings.
To register follow the link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/O-ivgi6X6bZ8uLWLFQMFRA
We Are Looking for:
1. 10 to 15 LGBTQ grassroot progressive advocates/activists
2. Ages 18 and up welcome, affected by housing instability
3. A commitment of (6) 5-hour training dates plus a 3-hour orientation
4. Ability to volunteer 5 to 7 hours a month
5. Ability to attend all trainings, planning meetings and social Gatherings (some exceptions allowed)
6. An open mind and a willingness to learn to be a better ally, advocate for LGBTQ youth and elders issues and approach work from an intersectional lens
LGBTQ Allyship believes that in order to build strong communities we must have strong leaders. We are building a leadership institute, where 15 individuals will be trained in civic engagement skills, anti-oppression values and deeply rooted in allyship theory of change. Leaders will learn from housing experts from city and state government and from organizations doing the work at ground level. Leaders will gain technical skills and become familiar with public speaking, story sharing in all forms of media, event planning, story-collecting for advocacy, advocacy skills community-led resource gathering, mobilization, community organizing skills and an analysis around the connection between racism, classism, sexism, adultism and ageism.
This is our 3rd Leadership Institute, and we are able to offer this training for free due to individual donors, and private grants from the Pride Foundation and Communities of Opportunites.
Interested? Email Isyss Honnen at email@example.com
Thank you, Verity Credit Union, for hosting our Leadership Institute Orientation this year!