The Greater Seattle Business Association, aka the GSBA, has announced the nominees for this year’s Impact Awards which honor community leaders, businesses and non-profit groups who have impacted our community over the last year.
This year’s nominees include new faces and old:
• GSBA Non-Profit of the Year – Visit Bainbridge Island, Northeast Seattle Together, Three Dollar Bill, LGBTQ+ Center
• Capitol Hill Business Alliance, Business of the Year-Laughing Buddha Tattoo and Body Piercing, Capitol Thrill, Perfect Copy and Print, Union
• GSBA Corporate Leader of The Year-Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, T-Mobile , Brooks, Rover
• GSBA Micro-Business of The Year– Glitter and Gold Studio, Catalyst Café, The Curious Seedling, Mx. Pucks A’Plenty
• GSBA Leadership Award– Lewis Rudd (Ezell’s Chicken), Mona Smith PLCC, Joey Burgess and Murf Hall (The Burgess Hall Group), Omari Salisbury (Converge Media)
• BECU Small Business of the Year– Queen Anne Beerhall, Café Flora/Floret/Flora Bakehouse, Bite Society, Lumenomics
And a Lifetime Impact Award will be awarded to Louise Chernin, the former CEO and President of GSBA.
Winners will be announced at the GSBA Impact Awards at McCaw Hall on March 2nd in a fancy Oscar style event with emcees Besa Gordon and Deaunte Damper from Converge Media.
The GSBA Impact Awards honor businesses, non-profits and community leaders who exemplify the highest standards of their profession, promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace, demonstrate leadership and invest time and resources into their community.
Guests will have a chance to mingle, enjoy entertainment and hors d’oeuvres before the awards are presented shortly after 6pm. Nominees were selected in six categories ranging from Corporate Leader of the Year to Micro-Business of the year and recipients will be announced live at the ceremony. A seventh award- a Lifetime Impact Award will be awarded to Louise Chernin, former CEO and President of GSBA for her amazing legacy across the National LGBTQ+ business landscape.
GSBA could not maintain and continue a program as extensive as this one without the generous support of our sponsors. Thank you to Presenting Sponsor Carter Subaru, our Small Business of The Year Award Sponsor BECU, as well as additional event sponsors: Symetra, JP Morgan Chase, Alaska Airlines and Swire Coca-Cola and our Event Media Partner: The Seattle Times