The Seattle Art Museum’s hellaciously popular Remix quarterly party returns at the end of the month and it’s a party for EVERYONE in the community. They always manage to mix it up and add various degrees of a queer vibe to the jam that encourages people to check out the museum…even if it takes drinks and a DJ to lure you in.
More from the p.r. invite:
SAM Remix returns to the Seattle Art Museum this spring! Since 2008, SAM has invited the best and brightest of Seattle’s creative community to produce one-of-a-kind art experiences at this signature nighttime program. This edition’s theme, Imprint, explores the influence artists have had on our world. Visitors will encounter innovative performances, art-making activities, live music, and guided gallery tours inspired by patterns, motifs, and images found across the museum’s global collections. The theme also extends to the overall aesthetic and approach of the event! Attendees are encouraged to showcase their own visual expression through their clothes, accessories, and whatever other ways art inspires them.
Remix is a 21+ event. Valid ID is required for entry.
There’s a lot of talent lined up for the March 31st party, including the presense of BIJOUX, the musical partnership of our own beloved chanteuse Adé and Jayson Kochan.
- Polynesian Dance Troupe Huraiti Mana performs Tahitian and Hula dances that tell stories through movement.
- Slow down, take a deep breath, and connect with the multicultural textile tradition of hand mending fabrics in an art activity led by local artist Malia Peoples.
- Ukrainian-born violinist and violist Mariya Ksondzyk performs Baroque Classical/Romantic pieces inspired by classic art patterns and imprints.
- Design, decorate, and polish a copper or brass charm with Hannah Kirsekorn as she introduces the art of hammering and stamping in a short and sweet metalsmithing experience.
- Bijoux delivers infectious disco dripping with glamour, sex, and opulent theatricality.
- Filipino music artist DJ IZE VINSHIN plays hits from various regions of the world blended together with genres such as Baile Funk, Dance, Jersey Club, and Hip Hop.
- Queer latina DJ Tremenda Diosa brings tremendous sounds and goddess vibes with an unforgettable DJ set.
- Print a fun design on a postcard of your choosing in a live screen printing experience with Mary Ann Carter of Party Hat Studios.
- Filipino music artist Copeland plays hits from various regions of the world blended together with genres such as Baile Funk, Dance, Jersey Club, and Hip Hop.
- Vinyl aficionado DJ Wax Witch will spin a vintage dance set featuring cosmic grooves and femme disco.
- Snap a photo with friends in a projected photo booth created by Seattle Design Nerds.
Galleries will be accessible from 7–10 pm. Programming and activities will continue in the Brotman Forum until 11 pm.
Drinks & Bites
Enjoy beer, wine, a specialty cocktail, or a soft drink plus fun bar snacks supplied by Shooby Doo Catering for purchase.
Snatch those tickets here: https://www.seattleartmuseum.org/remix
Tickets are only $25 for SAM members!