Seattle’s Virginia Mason Medical Center is a local leader in providing health care services to the transgender community. As part of their commitment to the transgender and gender variant patients, they are conducting an Open House event on Thursday, September 21st from 1pm to 6pm at their First Hill campus. Both providers and nurses will be present to provide information on services offered by Virginia Mason which not only includes basic Primary Care but more in-depth treatment involving Endocrinology, Gynecology, Urology and Speech Language Pathology as well as reconstructive surgery.
Friends and family are welcome at the event where refreshments will be served.
You will need to reserve a spot at the event by calling (206) 223-6831.
More info about Virginia Mason’s commitment to transgender health care:
Virginia Mason is proud to provide skilled and compassionate health care services to transgender and gender variant patients in a welcoming and supportive environment. Depending on each patient’s preferences, we also welcome partners, spouses, family and friends to be part of the programs and services we provide.
Our goal is to partner with patients to assure they receive the best primary and transgender-related care for all their needs, including many skilled surgical services. We also work with organizations and other clinics serving the LGBTQ communities in Washington state.
No matter what your needs or where you are in your health care journey, Virginia Mason is here to help you achieve optimal health and well-being.
- Our providers and staff members are specially trained in providing care to transgender patients.
- We strive to treat all patients with respect, equity and compassion.
- Patients will be asked how they prefer to be addressed according to their self-identified gender.
- All staff are required to treat any information about a patient’s sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status as confidential patient information,
unless the patient has given written permission to share this information.
- We will help coordinate your health care services and provide referrals when needed.
- Patient Financial Navigators are available to provide information and assist with insurance, billing and medical
- We have all-gender restrooms located in the following public areas:
- Health Resources Building, Level 1
- Central Pavilion, Levels 5, 7, 8
- Jones Pavilion, Levels 7, 9, 11, 18
- Buck Pavilion, Level 8
Learn more about our providers and service locations.