The Museum of Pop Culture, aka “MoPop” aka the funny building at Seattle Center that used to be EMP, announced it’s ready to reopen their groovy doors!
YAY! SOMETHING TO DO THAT ISN’T FREAKIN’ VIRTUAL!!!!!
(so sick of virtual…and Zoom….and….being stuck in this house….)
ANYWHO, MoPop will reopen on September 18th so snag your tickets NOW because obviously things will NOT be the same as they used to be pre-Covid…occupancy will be reduced with timed entries for ticket holders.
What you need to KNOW!
Since March, we’ve been diligently preparing to welcome you back. While our doors were closed, we made numerous health and safety modifications to the museum experience, including requiring masks, instituting robust cleaning protocols, and providing styluses for use on our touchscreens. Now the time has arrived where you can see all the cool stuff we have to offer—in person—beginning Friday, September 18!
Since closing in March, MoPOP has established a number of new health, safety, and sanitation protocols in line with federal, state, and local guidelines including:
- Increased housekeeping services across the museum, with a focus on high-touch areas like bathrooms and elevators
- Use of electrostatic sprayers in galleries and high-traffic areas
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the museum and touchless soap dispensers in all bathrooms
- Requiring guests to maintain at least 6 feet of social distance
- Decreasing museum capacity by 75%
- Providing (and cleaning after every use) stylus pens for guests to use with interactive elements.
- Our hours and days of operation will be reduced to Fridays–Sundays from 10:00am–6:00pm
- Advanced, timed tickets will be required.
- Masks are required for any guest 3 years and older.
- Body of Work: Tattoo Culture and Minecraft: The Exhibition extended through Spring 2021.
To put it lightly, we are somersault-ice cream-on-a-sunny-day-laugh-until-you-cry-excited to reopen our doors and welcome you back… from a safe six-foot distance of course.
And, MoPop continues their streaming events as well including special movie events and their annual Pop Conference which starts Thursday, September 9th with special guest, Alanis Morissette!
SEPTEMBER 2020 PROGRAMMING AT MoPOP
Grow Up! A Coming-of-Age Virtual Movie Series
September 6 – Bend It Like Beckham
September 13 – But I’m a Cheerleader
September 18 – Hairspray (1988)
Learn more >>
Pop Conference 2020
September 9-10 – Week 1
September 16-17 – Week 2
September 23-24 – Week 3
Learn more >>