The goal of Old Growth Northwest’s Read with Pride Northwest initiative is to give writers and readers all over the region a chance to gather, meet, and discuss LGBTQIA romance fiction. This initiative includes free public reading events, local reader meetings, and the annual conference Read with Pride Northwest, previously known as Gay Romance Northwest/GRNW. The first GRNW conference was held on September 14, 2013. The conference has since been held every September, with GRNW 2014 on 9/20/2014, GRNW 2015 on 9/26/2015, and GRNW 2016 on 9/24/16.
Save the Date for Read with Pride 2017 at the Seattle Central Library on 11/3-11/4, 2017!
Join the RWP Community!
GRNW on GoodReads: Join our RWP GoodReads group to stay up-to-date on RWP events and author news, and be a part of the discussion around LGBTQIA romance fiction.
Follow RWP: Join our communities on Twitter and Facebook to stay up-to-date about all the news around the Read with Pride Northwest, our reading events, and new releases by RWP authors.
On Saturday, November 4th, the main conference is held at the downtown central Seattle Library.
Read with Pride 2017 Conference
10:00am – 5:30pm – Seattle Public Library Central Branch (1000 4th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104)
- 10:00am – 11:30am: NaNoWriMo Writing Time (Location TBA)
- 12pm – 1pm: Registration, Grab Your Swag, and Meet & Greet (Microsoft Auditorium)*
* Get there early if you want to first crack at the free book table!
- 12pm – 5:30pm: Read with Pride Book Fair (4th Floor, Room 1)
The Book Fair will be running throughout the entire event!
- 1pm – 2pm: Opening Session and Keynote (Microsoft Auditorium)
- 2:15pm – 3pm: Panels Series 1: (Multiple Locations)
- 3:15pm – 4pm: Panels Series 2 (Multiple Locations)
- 4pm – 5:30pm: Author Meet & Greet and Signing at the Book Fair (4th Floor, Room 1)
See the full Schedule, Panel Session Descriptions, and full list of Read with Pride Attending Authors.
Have you not yet registered for the RWP conference? Register here. It’s free!
Following the conference there will be another reading event at Gay City on Saturday night: